Selby Educational Trust provides a range of expertise and support services through its local partnership of primary and secondary schools and the college.
Since we first formed our Multi-Academy Trust, we have developed a specialist team of staff able to support partners; providing curriculum and support consultants with tried and tested experience of successfully managing school and college departments. Each consultant is dedicated to improving individual partner school performance.
Our specialist team provides support on a wide range of issues affecting education partners including, Leadership, Behaviour support, Managing Information, Communications and Technology, Governance, HR, Finance, Marketing and Communications, Project Management, Estates and Facilities and Academy Conversion.
We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with schools and strongly believe Selby Educational Trust offers a unique local approach to partners including those already in some form of partnership within the 45 minute drive of Selby and the surrounding area we serve.
Building a Culture of Success
We recognise every school has experts in their chosen field. We also recognise every member of staff wants their own organisation to be successful. We encourage this self-belief from the start. Our approach is one of partnership, listening to colleagues to identify what’s right but also what needs to be improved to make things right. We are open and honest and always lead by example, willingly sharing our knowledge, ideas and techniques. We aim to build mutual trust, creating an environment of joint working, shared values and accelerated, sustained and outstanding improvements that benefit all.
- A culture of cooperation from first joining our partnership
- Bespoke training, advice and guidance for Governors, Head Teachers and Staff
- Co-teaching, coaching and mentoring support to ensure schools are target driven and have the self- belief to achieve set goals and targets
- Provide learning and teaching reviews, mock inspections, service reviews
- Head Teacher appraisal
- Governance support including training, advice and guidance.
What We Will Achieve Together
- A clear joint vision, mission, values and strategy to providing excellence in the education services we each provide.
- Improved results and performance and Ofsted outcomes
- Improved and sustained leadership capacity and expertise
- Effective Governance
- Improved efficiency and effective deployment of key resources
- Facilities fit for 21st century pupils and students
What matters most to each of our partners is that we work together to improve performance. In most cases we find where a problem is identified another partner will already have had the same issue and found a way to successfully address it. Our partnership provides support when and where it is needed but most importantly we are accessible, flexible and responsive and will deliver workable solutions suited to individual school partner needs.