The Board of the Selby Educational Trust (SET) will pursue fulfilment of its vision and mission by focusing on core strategic themes, measured consistently and annually against a set of core data baselines.
Within in of our strategic themes there are a number of interlinked strategic goals. These areas will shape the 5 year strategy. We will review these annually and from these create a shorter, sharper 1 year development plan. In each review cycle we will make further amendments to the goals .
There will be 4 strategic themes within the SET Strategy.
- SET on Futures
- SET on Sustainability
- SET on Collaboration
- SET on Safe Environments
- SET is currently in its developmental phase with good progress towards becoming a truly outward looking transformational organisation.
- To ensure SET can fulfil its vision and mission it must be able to create a sustainable structure, with the capacity to ensure transformational and rapid educational achievement in its sponsored academies and also ensure that it can provide an effective, efficient and economical support function to all its schools.
- To ensure efficient and effective academy conversion, the Trust is setting up overarching governance and management structures, drawing on the experience of its partners and utilising external expertise. It has obtained Capacity Funding which is being utilised in respect of legal and professional advice to ensure that it has the capacity to deliver its objectives as a Multi-Academy Trust as more schools join. This will ensure that effective structures are in place to allow growth through additional schools joining the Trust, in a manner which will be advantageous and cost effective for those schools.
- Sustainable growth will allow SET to increase its school improvement capacity and support functions through increased revenue contributions and an increased school leadership pool to undertake school improvement activities.
- The Trust aims to develop a balanced mix of sponsored and convertor academies working together to raise standards and aspirations across the Selby Educational Trust (SET) area to the benefit of the community and all its partners.